As a first step, we have all clients undergo an initial diagnostic evaluation. This process typically takes between one to three visits (each 50 minutes). During these visits, we get to know you, and you us. We assess current and past psychiatric symptoms and also ask about your history. This allows us to develop a comprehensive understanding of you so that we can create a treatment plan that best fits your needs.
Some of the things we seek to discover include:
- What prompted you to seek psychiatric treatment?
- What symptoms are you experiencing?
- How have these symptoms affected your life, including your social and professional functioning?
- What significant life events have shaped you and your behavior?
- Your psychiatric, medical, social, and developmental history
If you would like to speak with a specialist about our services, or to schedule an appointment, please contact us.